Monday, November 11, 2013

Stating My Opinion

What will you do when you find that something is not right? When you find something that is completely wrong? Are you just gonna stand there and watch or are you going to do something?
Do you have the courage to voice yourself out?

In Persepolis, we see Marjane and her Nanny join the demonstration and both of them were scolded by Marjane's parents.

I had an experience once when I was scolded by my Dad when I wanted to complain about the Indonesian Airport staff. So, basically this is what happened.


So basically, I got scolded because I wanted to state my opinion. I have been taught in school that we should always have a stand. We should stand for what we believe in. But in this case, especially in Indonesia, there is no such thing as "right" and "wrong". If you are of Chinese descendant, you'll probably be cast out. You'll probably loose to the Indonesians.

Teddy: Stupid Tania got angry all the way home. Her dad made her read articles about how the government run places sued people because they bad-mouthed the places. Poor her..

1 comment: