Sunday, November 17, 2013

Everything is gonna be okay, Irish

Today was a long day, I had choir practice in the morning, had lunch in a Pho restaurant then watched a movie with my friends. We had a hard time deciding which movie to watch, it was either going to be Ender's Game or Captain Philips. We ended up watching Captain Philips. I didn't know what the movie was about but decided to go with it anyways because it was the only movie playing that fit to the time.

Don't read if you haven't watched Captain Philips!! SPOILER!!

The first few minutes of the movie was, not gonna lie, boring. I mean pirates, a ship and Tania don't mix. So the movie is about a group of pirates wanting to take over a ship-in this case belonging to a guy named Rich.  I felt that Captain Rich handled the situation very calmly. He made incredible sacrifices that I even can't imagine myself doing. He made sacrifices just so that his crew won't get harmed. He even went together with the pirates inside the lifeboat just so the pirates won't do anything to the ship. The captain was treated in the worst condition. A small compact space with no opening and the room was filled with smoke from cigarettes. When I was watching the movie, I was seated at the edge of my seat. 

Captain's Rich torture continued. He was hit, he was basically in the worst condition. I was imagining myself being him. I could have cried so hard. The pirates was so mean to him. I salute him for being able to stay clam and think rationally even in those circumstances. The ending was great. I'm not going to spoil anything else because it is a movie worth watching. 

I don't know why but when i watched this movie, I thought of persepolis. Maybe because Captain Philips' situation is somewhat similar to what would happen in a war. Many people in the war are forced to give information and were held hostage. Same thing happened to Captain Philips. The emotions he felt was probably similar to what a hostage would feel. The longing of his family and the pain from the torture from the enemies.

Here's a trailer :)


I have a feeling most of you probably have watched the movie, but if you haven't, this is a movie worth watching.

Teddy: Tom Hanks is so cool!! His acting was great!! Tania didn't take me to amc to watch the movie but by the looks of the trailer, I would have probably be biting my nails-wait, I don't have nails but you get the picture, the entire movie!! Omygosh! I really want to strangle those pirates! I mean look at their eyes, there's so much hatred in them. Tania just knew that the movie was based on a real story after she watched it. Hem, even I know better!! HAHAHAHAHA

An addition: 
I saw this video on how the navy saved Captain Philips and I thought I'll share with you guys :)





1 comment:

  1. Incredible movie. Was tense and in the end, inspiring and relieving!

    ReplyDelete